Monday 8 October 2012

Happy 1st Birthday to Archie!! Handmade Monday 87

handpainted wooden name plaques & personalised gifts
Well, I wasn't sure I was even going to make it this week.  Things have been busy as usual and this last week included the 1st birthday of a gorgeous little boy called Archie. 

With it being such a big birthday and the fact that his parents are very close friends of mine, I wanted to give him something special and of course something that he could keep.  So needless to say, I made his birthday presents ;o)

Archie's dad loves football and is a fireman, giving me two themes. Archie's mum and I opted for the Fireman / Transport theme - for what seems like obvious reasons to us.  (Football.....bah!)

This is what he got:


Fire Engine Name Plaque / Door Sign


name plaques door sign plate handpainted wooden personalised gifts
Fire Engine Name Plaque
 
A fire engine name plaque for his bedroom door.   Slight confession.... I actually made this a couple of months ago for him, but ended up holding onto it to show at a couple of craft fairs we attended (the shame....!).  It was definitely time to hand it over!
 
 

Transport Themed Wooden Wall Letters


wooden wall letters boys nursery bedroom transport car
 
I also made some transport themed wooden letters for his bedroom wall.  The letters are 20cm high (size of the capital letters) hand painted in royal blue and decorated with individually hand painted wooden vehicle shapes - including a fire engine, of course!
 
 

Personalised Wooden Trains

 
Personalised Handmade Wooden Trains - Gifts Ornament Decoration

Finally, we've wanted to add trains to our new free standing personalised plaques / ornaments so this was a perfect time to come up with a design.  As with the other plaques, there was a small and large train - which can be bought separately, but for Archie I wanted to use them as a set to spell out his whole name.  The thing I love most about these is that they can sit almost anywhere in a room; on a shelf, bookcase, windowsill or chest of drawers.  I also loved the bunting used on the fire engine and thought it would look cute on the trains too.
 
 
Realising that Archie is 1 and way too young to appreciate / notice (!) any of these gifts, I also bought him some weebles - so that he still had something to open and throw around the floor!   These were his favourite, of the gifts!
 
I opened the door to the postman on Thursday and was presented with this:
 
 
You'll be able to spot the trains in there, as well as some new and old shapes.  The new ones have kept me busy (and messy) all weekend.  Will be showing some pictures in the next post.

So now we're at the beginning of another week that is likely to fly past as quickly as the last, I'm going to visit handmade Monday to see what else has been happening in the crafting world! 

FKS xx


15 comments:

  1. Wow, you can still get Weebles! And I love all of Archie's gifts, they're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archie's gifts are all so lovely - lucky little boy! I love the added touch of the bunting - really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous gifts. I agree about football (pah!) It's nice to see something so different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts. I really like the name sign it's fun and the decoration is great.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali ;o) Hopefully he will too when he's a bit older!

      Delete
  5. Archie's gifts are so perfect and he will come to appreciate them for years to come. Congratulations for taking the plunge and doing a handmade birthday, we should all have more of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's kind of you to say ;o) I've had a few young birthdays and two new babies in the last 3 weeks so you may get bored of me posting my gifts haha!

      Delete
  6. What gorgeous things..and I'm sure I need my name in big letters on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - Love it!! Well if you ever need someone to do it ;o)

      Delete
  7. What a lovely gift idea! I'm sure Archie will love these and his parents will really appreciate the gift and the sentiment behind it. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love weebles!! Archie is an incredible lucky little boy. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gifts,so personal and perfect!I really need some Weebles too-haven't seen them for years!

    ReplyDelete