Thursday 5 April 2012

Easter Gifts for My Kids - Mean Mum or Just Plain Sensible?!


Easter is only a couple of days away now and I thought I'd do something different for my girls this year. 

Aged 4 and 5, they certainly don't need ridiculous amounts of chocolate and sweets and I'm definately not in favour of that for several reasons:

-          Chocolate makes my children go hyper, with immediate effect. Fact.
-          I therefore limit the amount they can have. Fact.
-          Despite this everyone else still buys them lots. Fact.
-          Which means I spend the next few days and weeks (not months) munching my way through it all, piling on the pounds and then feeling pressured to exercise. Fact.

This Easter is going to be different and I can’t wait to give them their gifts.So what I have I bought?
 
On the chocolate front I’ve given in to a small Smarties’ Easter egg as well as one of these Minnie Mouse Easter Eggs - that is really more Minnie Mouse Mug than it is Egg (Strategic!). The girls will love their mugs and will definitely get use out of them. 

I’ve also got them a large colouring book each with lots of Easter themed colouring pages and activity sheets; crayons; stencils for painting their hard boiled eggs (ready for egg rolling) and as a special treat each I’ve bought them both a gorgeous little hand bag that I stumbled upon in Accessorize. 

My girls love personalised things and so I’m also in the process of making them each a personalised bag charm, to go with said bag and and a door sign.  I’m hoping the bag charms will be finished tonight but it’s more than unlikely that the door signs will take a little longer as they are going to be new designs for the website.  I’ll add pictures of both to this post, when they are complete.

I’m really excited about the Easter weekend and love the fact that it’s not ALL going to be about chocolate!  Admittedly this has cost more than buying a few chocolate eggs from a supermarket, but this way they still get to enjoy some chocolates and goodies, but also have presents that they can enjoy and use.  

What are you doing for Easter?  Have you gone down the Chocolate route or have you gone for something different? 

I’d love to hear your comments :o)

In the meantime, have a great Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment