Friday 3 August 2012

Creating Keepsakes and Display Ideas for Kids Artwork

I assume I'm not alone when I find myself overloaded with 'artwork' and special pictures that my children have drawn and want to keep.  And it seems to come from all directions - from nursery and school (especially at the end of term), from when they've been with grandparents and lots more created at home!  And whilst the sheer volume of artwork is impressive, it's starting to take over my house.

So what do I do with it all? 

Don't get me wrong, there are some amazing drawings and I'm really proud of them and what they can do BUT my house can't cope with it.  And it's only going to increase.

So I've been looking into ideas for artwork storage and creating artwork keepsakes (combined with the recycling method and handing out to relatives, godparents and friends....etc!).

Artwork Canvases - Make Them Yourself!

Artwork Canvases
This is one that I'm going to attempt in their playroom.  I've already promised myself that I'll also create these with photos, so at the same time, I think I'll choose some of their favourite pieces of work with them, scan them and do the same with them. 

But with the artwork I'll paint the sides different colours to match the playroom decor and perhaps compliment the masterpiece itself.  

You can see the original post by Literally Inspired here.




Acrylic Artwork Keepsake Blocks

Acrylic Artwork Blocks
I love these, they are a great idea and will keep the pictures in tact.  They look modern and are even child friendly so they will be able to pick them up and look at them.

And of course you'll be able to update and change the pictures.  I came across these on a website called Artful Kids - you can buy them here.



 


Artwork Transferred onto Magnetic Noticeboard

Personalised Noticeboards
This idea is perfect for a favourite drawing that you would love to keep on display. 

It would make a perfect gift for parents or grandparents and as well as being a keepsake - it has an every day use! 

This is a truly unique idea and you can buy one here *disclaimer* through our own website ;o).





Clever Artwork Collage - Make It Yourself

Artwork Collage Display
I love this display - it looks modern, bright and stylish and the artwork displays are a perfect fit with the gorgeous photos of the two boys. 

The artwork frames on their own would look as good and this is another that I am going to attempt for the playroom (will stop planning and start doing.... one day soon!)

The lady behind this used photoshop to create the collage of artwork - you can read the original post here




Artwork Display on a Line - Make It Yourself

Artwork on a line!

Another fab idea and so simple - anyone could do this.  It's also a great way of showing lots of different drawings and paintings that can be easily changed.  I love the pegs and even more so love the quote in the bottom image.

You can visit the original blogs via the caption links underneath the images.

Artwork Display on Line
What do you think of these ideas?  Do you have any other suggestions?  We'd love to hear them!

x






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog about cakes recently! I too have masses of art work from my children and I use the washing line idea, the fridge, scrap books and then finally an old architects plan chest which is over half full now!! Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Marie ;o) I know it's quite scary - mine are 4 and 6 so there will be a lot more to come, so I expect that I'll be getting more creative ideas together so that I'm ready lol! x

      Delete