Tuesday 2 February 2010

Richard Branson for BusinessDay

I came across an article written by Richard Branson today, for the BusinessDay website, that I thought I'd share.  I find him absolutely fascinating anyway and if asked who inspired me the most in life, when it comes to business, it would have to be him.  I admire Richard Branson for who he is and am astounded by what he has managed to achieve throughout his life, sometimes against all odds.

His article talks about the 'bad times' being the best times to start a venture and dips into his own experiences.  It's an interesting read and gives some good advice/ tips.  Some of my favourite comments inclue:
  • "Throughout my career I have made decisions using instinct, but have also worked very hard at making those decisions work"
  • "Businesses need to be innovative, maintain a certain quality, be value for money and have a sense of fun"
  • "A good business idea needs hard work, determination (a little luck) to succeed"
  • "A good entrepeneur looks for solutions, not excuses"
Click here to read the article.  Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment